The Baby Bean Blog

Monday, October 17, 2005

Keeping My Mouth Shut

I'm pretty impressed with myself. I have hardly mentioned the possible pregnancy to my partner. It's come up in a round about sort of ways a couple of times. For instance, last night she woke up and was about to take some Advil. I said that she shouldn't take it--she should take Tylenol instead. And on Friday, I asked her what she wanted to do as far as alcohol was concerned with her father coming to visit for the weekend. Should we have some in the house for him and thereby end up drinking a little too, or did she want to try to avoid the entire situation. But other than that, I haven't said a word.

I'm quite impressed with myself for that because, of course, I have been thinking about it. If the egg was fertilized last Tuesday, then sometime between now and Friday, it will try to implant in her uterine lining. She's upstairs sleeping right now. And she's had this headache all day. And I had headaches my first trimester. And I was exhausted my first trimester. So I can't help but wonder if these aren't signs? But I do have to bring myself down to earth with the reminder that I did not develope headaches or exhaustion until I had been pregnant for a few weeks at least, so it's probably unrelated. But I can't help myself. I want to ask her, "How do you feel? Are your nipples sore? Felt any cramping? Anything unusual at all?" But I don't ask her these questions, and I'm going to do my best to keep my mouth shut for another week. Then she can take a pregnancy test and we'll know one way or the other.

A week to go, a week to go. I hope it passes quickly.

2 Comments:

  • Oh boy, I'm curious too. I must say, Oz, you're being very strong. I'm terrible at waiting for things and my daughter tells me she's the same way. Oh, this must be tough for you, this wait....

    By Blogger foxymama, at 10:43 PM, October 18, 2005  

  • It's not as bad as when I was in the two week wait myself, but it's certainly not easy. Just have to remind myself that each day that passes brings us one day closer. We should pretty much know in five days (this coming Tuesday). That's when she'll take a home pregnancy test.

    By Blogger Oz, at 4:48 PM, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home